Make a complaint, comment or compliment

Content owner : Last updated : 03/01/19

Your views are important to us

Kirklees Neighbourhood Housing would like to hear your views on the services you receive from us whether they are good or bad.

It's great to hear about staff who have done a good job. When we receive compliment about a member of staff we will always pass on your messages.

We welcome suggestions on how we can provide a better service, KNH is a customer focussed organisation and your views are very important to us.

Complaints acceptance

For KNH to accept a complaint we must have had the opportunity to put things right. If we fail to resolve the issue to your satisfaction you can make a complaint.

Complaints relating to an ordered or ongoing repair

  • Contact us on 0800 590 993

How complaints are made

We have a simple three stage process for dealing with complaints. You can telephone, write, complete the form or email us.

Housing Repairs

Any other complaints

Call KNH

  • 01484 414886

Write to KNH

  • Kirklees Neighbourhood Housing Ltd
    Perseverance House
    St. Andrews Road
    HD1 6RZ

If you cannot complain yourself, you can ask someone to do this for you such as a relative, friend, neighbour or local councillor. However, you must confirm with KNH that you give permission for us to discuss your complaint with them.

All complaints will be acknowledged within three workings days of KNH receiving your complaint and we will aim to respond to your complaint within ten working days.

Stage 1

When you contact KNH, your complaint will be directed to the most appropriate person, this is likely to be your housing officer who is in the best position to put things right straight away.

Stage 2

If you are unhappy with the response given at stage 1, please get in touch and ask a manager to investigate your complaint. Following their investigation the manager will contact you with their response.

Stage 3

If you are unhappy with the stage 2 response you can ask for the customer services manager to review your complaint and offer a final response on behalf of KNH.

If you are unhappy with KNH's response, you can ask an MP, Councillor or Tenant Complaints Panel to review your complaint. For Kirklees Council tenants the Tenant Complaints Panel is provided by Communities Who Can. If the Designated Person cannot resolve the complaint they are able to refer you directly to the Housing Ombudsman Service.

If you are still not satisfied after we have fully investigated your complaint then you can contact the Housing Ombudsman Service: