Money worries? We can help

Release Date: 20-Nov-2016
If you’re struggling to pay rent or have other debts that you’re worried about, our specialist team of advisers can help.


This service is totally free of charge and is available to all council tenants who are experiencing financial problems. We can meet you in your home, in a housing office, or speak on the phone.

Our advisers are all members of the Money Advice Association and are trained. They can help by:

- Maximizing income, including entitlement to benefits
- Negotiating realistic and affordable agreements with creditors
- Preparing financial documentation and correspondence with creditors
- Giving general advice on everything from basic money management, fuel efficiency, and county court proceedings.

And much more.

For more information or to speak to an advisor, call 01484 414975.

If you would rather speak to a third party, then lots of agencies can help, including Citizens Advice and Step Change.

Whatever you do, please get help if you're worried about debt.