Release Date: 08-Feb-2011
The Centre for Partnership aims to help unemployed graduates to become employment-ready for a career in social housing. Your degree subject is not important, as long as you have passion and commitment and values to work in housing.
Do you have a degree?
Are you interested in working in the housing sector?
Are you unemployed?
Do you live in West Yorkshire?
Are you up for a major challenge?
Are you ready to commit your time for a full 14 weeks starting 14th March 2011?
Funded by our Housing Internship Partners and the Working Neighbourhood Fund through Bradford Council, The GEM Programme offers you an exciting opportunity to gain valuable first hand experience with key housing organisations through a 12 week placement. This opportunity will give you intensive personal and skills development and support to help you brush up on your employability skills.
The GEM Programme is tough and demanding! You will need to meet set criteria at key stages in order to complete the programme. You must have the willingness and commitment to learn and be passionate about working towards developing a career in housing. In return the GEM Programme offers:
• 14 week full time Internship programme starting 14th March 2011
• A 12 week work placement within one of our partner housing organisations in Leeds, Bradford or Huddersfield with the support of a trained workplace mentor
• £75 per week placement allowance for 14 weeks subject to meeting contractual arrangements
• £350 lump sum payment on successful completion of the programme
• Ongoing support to help you into work through mentoring and IAG, employability skills development
• The opportunity to work towards a professional qualification
• The ability to market yourself as ready for a career in housing
• Limited places – maximum of 12
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like further details please visit our website to download an application pack from: www.centreforpartnership.co.uk. You will need to apply for specific projects outlining how you meet the required criteria.
Contact Amanda Livermore on Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org or 01274 254701 for an informal chat.
Closing date for all applications: Sunday 27th February 2011
Assessments and Interviews: Week commencing 7th March 2011
Work placement induction/assessment: Week commencing 14th March 2011
Personal Development Induction Week: Week commencing 21st March 2011
Start of 12 week Work Placements:Week commencing 28th March 2011