Release Date: 30-Sep-2013
If you’re looking for a great place to live in a convenient, central location, then look no further.
With 43 newly refurbished one bedroom apartments, Harold Wilson Court in the centre of Huddersfield offers you the latest in affordable, energy efficient, secure and comfortable living. It offers easy access to all transport links and is also within walking distance of Huddersfield’s best sport, leisure and shopping facilities.
Artists impression of the newly refurbished flats
The apartments have been designed with your comfort and security in mind and each comes with a number of innovative features as standard:
Eco-friendly & money saving
• Heating and cooling to each apartment (via heat exchangers)
• Thermally efficient triple glazed windows
• Insulated thermal render
• Monitor your electricity usage through specially fitted meters
• Energy efficient light fittings
• Council tax band A (lowest band)
Comfortable & convenient
• Wired for digital TV and internet access
• Balconies or floor to ceiling windows
• Fully fitted modern kitchens with integrated cooker and hob, some energy efficient appliances, including washer/dryer and a fridge freezer.
• Contemporary bathroom fittings with wet rooms in some apartments
• Super efficient heat insulation to keep bills low and sound insulation to reduce noise.
• Vinyl floor coverings
• Freshly painted - no decoration required
Safe & secure
• Door entry security via your telephone and TV
• Communal CCTV monitored 24/7
• Concierge service
• Access via secure entrance
• Burglar alarms on ground floor apartments
• Solid entrance door with multi-point security deadlock
• On-site parking (limited availability)
• Some secure cycle storage
KNH and the council are committed to creating a sustainable and balanced community within the flats. Therefore all apartments will be allocated in conjunction with our local lettings Plan. All tenants will be asked to sign up to a ‘Neighbourhood agreement,' (see link on right) and attend a pre-tenancy workshop.
How to apply
You will need to be on the Kirklees Council Housing Register and you must express your interest to KNH. For more information, or to register for council housing, please follow the links for Choose 'n' Move