Is your home too big?

Release Date: 14-May-2012
If you're a council or housing association tenant living in a home with two or more spare bedrooms, then our Homefit scheme may be just what you need.
If your home is too big, we can help

If your home is too big, we can help

Anyone whose home is too big could benefit from the scheme, but if you're of working age and concerned about losing housing benefit because your house is 'under occupied,' then you may also want to think about it.

Moving to a smaller home is ideal if

- you're not using all your bedrooms
- you're worried about your heating bills (smaller homes are cheaper to heat)
- you're struggling to maintain your garden
- mobility problems mean your home is no longer suitable for your needs
- you need to be nearer to family, friends, shops, doctors and so on

We can offer

- help and support from a dedicated officer
- advice about moving to a home in an area you prefer
- a smaller home that is easier and cheaper to manage
- a higher level of priority for re-housing

For more information, contact our Homefit officer on 01484 416900 or email