A hate crime could be any of the following:
- Physical violence
- Theft or damage to property
- Someone using offensive language towards you
- Someone harassing you because of who you are
- Someone posting abusive or offensive
This week we are supporting National Hate Crime Awareness week and we want to encourage victims to report hate crime, it should be reported to us or the police, you will be supported the whole way through.
So why should you report it?
- Hate Crime is under reported - please report it if you’re victim or witness a hate crime. Help and support is available to all of our tenants.
- We will always take you seriously no matter what has happened.
- You’ll always be listened to and believed
- The Police will do everything they can to find those responsible & bring them to justice
- Report it to stop it getting worse for you or someone else.
To report a hate crime call 999 in an emergency or 101 for non-emergency, you can also use their live chat service online. Or call Kirklees Council’s 24 hour helpline on 01484 414888.
You can also visit report-it.org.uk to make a report , which can be anonymous.
For an anti-Muslim incident tell MAMA on 0800 456 1226, WhatsApp 0734 1846086.
For Antisemitic incidents call CST on 0208 457 9999.