Kirklees Council collects and disposes of your household waste and can provide you with information on:
- What rubbish is collected and when
- What goes in your recycling bin
- How to report a missed bin collection
- How to find your nearest recycling centre
- Ordering new bins for your home.
Reducing rubbish and recycling more
You can help reduce the amount of rubbish sent to landfill by reusing and recycling as much as you can. Examples include:
- Ditching the plastic bags
- Getting to know the rules of what you can and cannot recycle
- Reducing your use of one-use plastic in favour of reusable containers
- Making a meal plan (to reduce waste)
- Repairing rather than discarding.