We know that living in a great community can make an area a great place to live. We are passionate about making a difference and working together to build vibrant and safe communities where you love to live.
Ways to get involved
We want to make sure that you have a stake in the place where you live which is why we are encouraging you to get involved and have your say on your area. Get involved, make a difference, and help shape what matters to you.
We want to hear your opinion if we are doing a good or bad job! We want tenants and residents to advise and challenge us and make suggestions which will help us to make sure our services are the right ones, delivered in the right way - your views help us do that.
Get Involved online community
Want to share your views on your area and community, pitch ideas, access funding and engage with residents in your area by contributing to a whole host of topics? We have developed an online community where you can do just that.
Go to the site if you are already registered: Get Involved!
Sign up to Get Involved!
Register on the site to take part.
Clock Completing this form takes around 5 minutes.Register to Get Involved!
After you’ve registered
You will receive a confirmation email with joining details.
You will then be able to share views and ideas and influence the way we deliver services to you and your community.
Other ways to get involved
Tenant Leaseholder Panel
- The Tenant and Leaseholder Panel ensures tenants are at the heart of everything we do
- They drive service improvements and help develop new policies that benefit tenants and leaseholders directly as well as the community as a whole
- Members ensure that tenant and leaseholder concerns about housing issues are raised and addressed and help us deliver improvements in areas such as repairs and how we tackle anti-social behaviour
Service and Improvement Panel
- The Service and Improvement Panel serve as KNH’s scrutiny function, they work with us to review the services we provide and make suggestions for improvement
- Members are closely involved in advising us on the day-to-day realities of living in our homes, they capture the experiences of other tenants and leaseholders and feedback to us to help us to deliver a more improved and responsive service.
Tenants and Residents Associations (TRAs)
- A TRA is a group of people who get together to work to improve the area in which they live and build community spirit
- They campaign for better services, improvements to the environment and tenants homes and organise activities that bring people closer together
- We work very closely with TRAs in delivering their services and monitoring how well they are doing.
- A Community Voice is someone who has agreed to represent their neighbours’ views to us and are the link between us and residents
- They may be asked to pass out information to residents, speak to them about local issues and feed back views so that we are able to understand what it is like to live there.
- Neighbourhood Forums are a great way to keep up to date with what is going on
- We organise the forums four times a year to share information and consult with tenants and residents.
- We use surveys to collect and record information about particular issues
- We use them when we want to measure satisfaction with particular things, collect factual information or get people’s opinions
- We will undertake surveys face-to-face, by telephone, by post, email or through our tenant involvement platform.
Contact KNH if you would like to take part in our surveys.
- We have a Tenant Involvement and Empowerment Team who are responsible for working with tenants and residents on activities to improve the environment, community safety and community spirit
- They also can provide access to local and regional grants.
Contact KNH about access to grants.